Thursday, March 20, 2008

Two Women and a Bulk Food Store

This morning I decided to run to the bulk food store in Ashtabula to buy chocolate to make Easter treats for my Sunday School kids. I called my mom to see if she would like to go with me. As it turned out, we were like a couple of kids in a candy store! We happily poked around among containers of spices, various types of flour, dried fruit, trail mix, teas, flavored coffees, bouillon, bean soup mix, pasta, gluten-free stuff, pudding mix, cookie cutters, teapots, coconut, and, oh yes, chocolate--milk chocolate, dark chocolate, pink chocolate, orange chocolate...

After wrenching ourselves out of there without too much damage to our pocketbooks we decided to do lunch. At Steak and Shake the hostess asked how we were related. She shook her head and said to Mom, "You looked just like her twenty years ago." Mom replied, "Yes and this is what she will look like in another twenty years!" We ate a great meal then treated ourselves to a junior-sized milkshake. Steak and Shake's milkshakes are the best!

After a stop at the Kingsville Library to return a stack of books we headed home. It was a very satisfying morning, spending time with Mom.

2 comments:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

What a lovely day!!!! I love bulk food stores!! I'll bet your house smells yummy tonight!! I love the smell of melted chocolate!

Julie

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Does that mean you will be treasurer in 20 years and Tim will be leading the singing?

Pastor