Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not My Pastor!

Within the text of Senator Obama's speech on race are these words regarding his pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely - just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.
I would like to tell Senator Obama that my pastor, Rev. Byron Gurnee, has never said anything controversial within my hearing. He has more integrity than that. His example in the pulpit is one of love, not hate.

Sorry, Mr. Obama, but you do not speak for me.

1 comment:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Hey... I do hate one thing - sin, but I love the sinner.
Just thought I had to say that. :)

Pastor Byron