Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tired of Being Fat

I take a lot of supplements and several prescription meds. I've decided if I'm really trying to be healthy it makes no sense not to lose weight. Last year I lost 48 pounds and I'd like to lose at least enough to make it a cool one hundred. I hate going to meetings but like the Weight Watchers plan. You are assigned a given number of points you can eat every day, based on your height and weight. When you've eaten that many points you're done for the day. So I joined WW online. I have a daily point total of 25. A Dairy Queen cheeseburger is eight points and a McDonald's ice cream cone is 2 points. A banana is also 2 points. Anyway it seems sensible to me. So now you know my secret: I'm walking and eating sensibly. I want to be here to go to my granddaughters' college graduation.

1 comment:

slimsdotter said...

Best wishes to you. Weight Watchers seems to really work. A couple of my friends have done it successfully. I can never think about it without remembering the great lines of the Christian Comedienne Chonda Pierce. Done in a Southern Accent, of course. "Honey, I'm too competetive for Weight Watchers. Points? I want em all. I have 25 points just for breakfast. Does that mean I win?"
She's an equal opportunity fun-maker. (South Beach? Honey, save your money. I read it and there aint nothing about a beach in there).
A ?friend at work just looked me up and down and commented that she and I needed to do the diet contest we discussed in 2003, before I ditched that plan to play thyroid games. That was 10 pounds less ago, too. Sigh.
Is WW Online easy to use? I'm on dialup and Sparkpeople is too slow to log the food.