Tuesday, April 8, 2008

She's A Bad Influence...

What a beautiful spring day this has been!! My thermometer says 75 and I believe it. I have 3 or 4 daffodils about to burst open. My late mother-in-law used to tell me it had to snow 3 times on the daffodils before spring had really arrived. I hope that's not the case this year.

I spent the afternoon shopping with Julia Gurnee at the Millcreek Mall. It had been along time since I shopped with anyone but Tom, but it was fun to poke around the stores with another woman. After lunch at Cracker Barrel we hit AC Moore for candles-what a bargain-then went to Christopher and Banks. Afterward we stopped at CJ Banks (the Christopher and Banks for those of us whose size begins with X), where I bought a summer sweater for myself. Then it was on to The Children's Place. I found some adorable dresses and T-shirts for my granddaughters. If I'd been independently wealthy those girls would have had a whole new wardrobe! I think Julia was a bad influence on me; I rarely buy anything from a store that doesn't have "mart" in its title.

I learned something, too, on our outing: it is possible to go to Erie without stopping at Barnes and Noble! Go figure.

1 comment:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Your telling me!! Look at how I turned out after living with her for 13 years!

Pastor