Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I Quit My Job Today

I was paroled today from the Lake Erie Correctional Institution! After five years of nursing at LaECI I struck out on my own today as an independent healthcare provider. I will care for people in their homes and be paid by the state through the Waiver program. I have one part time client and a strong possibility for a second. I'm very excited to be doing this. It's been a long time coming. I really enjoyed being at the prison for most of the five years I was there. It's just been the last 5 or 6 months I began to feel it was time to move on. I explored the independent provider thing as a way to possibly someday care for my parents and get paid for it. Since they're the picture of health and have more fun than I do, I decided to put myself to work. So, with the support, both emotional and financial, of Tom and the expertise of my cousin, Lori, I now join the ranks of the self-employed. Suprisingly, my anxiety level has already gone down. I truly feel this move is a God thing and I can't wait to see where He leads.

1 comment:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Wow!!! What a big way to start your blog!! You go girl!!! You are such an inspiration to me!!

Your PW