Friday, January 11, 2008

God and Stress

I've been reading "A Place Called Simplicity" by Claire Cloninger. In it she tells how God will help us with our difficulties if we let him.
Knowing that God is there, working right in the thick of it all, invested in our concerns and wanting us to get through it by his grace, can be a tremendously calming and comforting thought when we are feeling frantic. If we can just "remember to remember" this wonderful reality, we can allow God to hold our stress and worry. And this in turn can free us simply to "do the next thing...and then the next thing...and then the next. Before we know it, the job will be done.

The visual of God standing by me as I work, patiently holding all my stress and worries in his hands, allowing me to do what I need to do takes my breath away.

1 comment:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Wow!! What a wonderful reminder. I have never heard of this author but it sounds like a book I need to read!

PW Julie