Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

I'm writing this entry on my very own brand new laptop the Big Scary Guy gave me for Christmas. I had been using an old one of his which was okay but he surprised me with one of my own. I'm excited for a lot of reasons not the least of which is it actually has a battery that works . I can take it to the bookstore without having to drag a big long cord with me. I can't wait! And since the BSG and Tommy and I all have gift cards to Barnes and Noble we'll probably go tomorrow and I can try portable computing for myself. I also received a digital camera and since we're planning a visit to West Virginia next weekend to see the babies, expect pictures soon.

It's been a wonderful Christmas season beginning with our trip to Jeff and Stacy's. On the fifteenth we took Tommy to Cleveland to see A Christmas Carol at the Ohio Theater. We were seated in the second row from the stage so we felt as if they were acting just for us. It amazes me that people can memorize pages and pages of script and repeat it back in a totally believeable manner. The actors were excellent. The man who was Scrooge did an exceptional job. His "bah! humbugs" were second to none. The bad weather even held off until we were on our way back to Conneaut.

We enjoyed seeing the kids at church do their pageant, complete with shepherds, angels, wise guys, er, wise men, Mary and Joseph and of course, Baby Jesus. It was a quality job from start to finish. The Christmas story remains as fresh as ever, reminding us again of the real reason for the season. My favorite part of the program was watching Tom play the saxophone for the first time in almost thirty five years. I was so proud. I hope he does it again sometime.

Last night we went to Aunt Herbie's house for the Cole Christmas Eve. It was nice to see some cousins we hadn't seen in several years as well as the ones we see regularly. The evidence that the aunts and uncles are getting older is sobering, but then, I am fifty. I probably seemed ancient to the kids running around.

Today we had Christmas dinner with Mom and Dad. We're privileged to have them in such good health. We dined on ham, potato salad, beets, fruit salad and corn, followed by slabs of chocolate cake. It was so good. We exchanged gifts, then Tom and I burned the boxes and wrapping paper from the morning. After we came home Tom did laundry. Next year I'm buying him something to play with; he's driving me nuts.

Merry Christmas to all.

1 comment:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Yeah for Cindy!!! I'm so excited to see lots of pictures of those pretty girls!!!