Wednesday, May 14, 2008

AHappy Mother's Day

I was surprised twice with flowers for Mother's Day this year. Tom brought me a pot of the most beautiful daffodils. The trumpet was initially yellow with white petals but gradually the trumpets turned a delicate peach. Daffodils are always welcome and I can't wait to plant them and see them bloom again next year.


Douglas, who always left the gift-buying up to his wife and who now is wifeless, actually sent me a stunning basket of spring flowers to go with his always welcome Mother's Day telephone call. He knows his mom and her love for flowers. And Tommy called me on the phone and sent me a beautiful card he'd made himself. So I had a very happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

slimsdotter said...

Pretty flowers. I got daisies from my kids.

If you have a minute, will you try to email me from the comments, like you didn't know who I was? My server changed my address and I think maybe the blogger address kept the old address. I tried to change it and want to see if worked. I kind of think it didn't, so if you could also email me on from Outlook it would be helpful. So if it doesn't work I will know you tried!
Thanks.